Friday, September 30, 2011

Carla Hall's Pinwheel Snacks 9.30.11


Delicious and easy.  Sounds like a great combination to me.

This was an audience participation recipe.  Watching the first lady in the row work was almost painful.  No matter what you may have seen from her angle, this is just about as easy as you can get.  And in Carla's instructions, it got even easier.

Her only rule, use cream cheese as a "glue" to keep the wheel together.

As to stuffing, what you like.  I happened to have had a rotisserie chicken (So cheap).  So I knew I was going to use that.  Now, Carla showed thin slices of lunch meat.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to slice my chicken breast thin enough, so I just made a chicken salad.  Instead of tuna, I just used minced bits of chicken.

If you are lucky enough to have a handy dandy stand mixer (OK, a KitchenAid brand mixer), just toss an 8 ounce brick of cream cheese in, the cooked meat from one rotisserie chicken breast and whatever you might like to add some zing to your salad.

I added...

1/4 cup minced pickles
1/4 cup minced sweet Onion
1/4 cup minced Granny Smith Apple
1/4 cup minced Grapes

I didn't, but I should have added a tsp of a Cajun Spice mix

Turn on the mixer and in about 2 minutes, you have a creamy paste!

This was enough "paste" to make 4 tortillas worth of pinwheels.




And from there, nothing to it... Take a whole wheat tortilla, spread a thin layer around and roll up.  Slice about 1 inch thick "wheels".

Makes a great snack (wonderful recipe for kids to make).
Dress it up with a sprinkling of paprika and would make a casual appetizer
Wanting a light low carb lunch, here you go.


This was so easy, and so flexible (long as you use cream cheese as the glue, fill with what you like (All veggies would be terrific), the recipe is not available on The Chew website.  But that's OK.  This is truly one of those, "Anyone can Cook" recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...