Monday, October 17, 2011

Daphne Oz's Poached Eggs With Sweet Potato Pancakes 10.17.11


Oh My!

I am such a huge fan of Latkes.  Those wonderful potato pancakes.  Around our house, it is a traditional breakfast on Christmas morning.  The kids got to play with the toy that Santa brought while I whipped a few up.  No gifts from Mom and dad till after breakfast.  So I always associate warm family times with them.

These are a Daphne's healthy version and my my... dare I say better than my original?

I saw her make these and knew they would be on my must make list.  I adore sweet potatoes, combined with a snappy granny smith apple and a little bit of carrot, this just screamed healthy... But it also was just delicious.  Would make a fine alternative side dish for dinner.


But when you top them with the poached egg, it is simply a wonderful breakfast!

I do need to quibble with the servings, as I made this exactly as posted on The Chew website (Click HERE for the recipe).  the recipe says it serves 5.  I made this for a lunch for my wife and myself.  It served two and only two.  Maybe we were just hungry.  Maybe I used a small potato.  Or, maybe it was just that good.

I'm gonna say it's that good.

There is quite a bit of grating to do.

It was about a tie in the amount of time it would take to grate by hand vs. grating in a food processor.  But, if I were making enough for a larger family, I would recommend the processor.

Plus, I didn't grate my knuckles.

Aside from the processor, no changes to the recipe.

Again, click HERE for the recipe.

I did like the poached egg that Daphne used.  Personally, I like a VERY runny egg, my wife prefers a runny egg, but not as much as mine.  Poaching is a very easy way to cook to order.



But honestly... what a great dish!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I think now I have a strong hold over the topic after going through the post. The subject that you have discussed in the post is really amazing; I will surely come back for more information.

    Macy
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...